Complete for Wednesday 8th November.
Create detailed essay plans for the following questions.
For each essay, aim for introduction, five paragraphs and a conclusion. For each paragraph, include:
- Where it comes in the novel – what is happening (briefly)
- Technique used and what the quote suggests to us.
- What the writer uses that to tell us – link to the question.
- Choose a novel or short story in which the method of narration is important.
Outline briefly the writer’s method of narration and explain why you feel this method makes such a major contribution to your understanding of the text as a whole.
2. Choose a novel or short story which deals with the complexities or breakdown of a relationship.
Briefly explain the circumstances surrounding the complexities or breakdown and discuss how the characters’ feelings and/or reactions enhance your appreciation of the text as a whole.
3. Choose a novel or short story which has a satisfying ending.
Discuss to what extent the ending provides a successful conclusion to the text as a whole.
4. Choose a novel or short story in which symbolism is a significant feature.
Discuss how the writer’s use of this feature enhances your understanding of character and/or theme in the text as a whole.