Timed Essay Feedback
Some general feedback on timed essay for climactic scene (individual feedback will be handed in to Mrs King tomorrow:
- Some good analysis in these pieces, giving connotations and what they are used to highlight to the audience.
- It’s clear you understand the film well, and provide clear knowledge of the characters, plot and techniques used.
- You are able to comment on how Mendes uses film techniques to convey meaning.
Overall Areas for Development
- Make sure your introduction refers to the question and the techniques you will discuss.
- Refer to the question throughout.
- Stick to ONE technique and example thereof in each paragraph.
- Work on completing the essay in the allocated time – you should be practising at home.
- Phrasing can sometimes be confusing – check your work carefully, and read over each paragraph under your breath as you finish them.
- Use present tense when writing a critical essay, e.g. “Mendes uses…”
- Always be specific – don’t just say “This shows us about Bond’s past.” WHAT about his past? Tell us!