This homework is due on Wednesday 24th August.
- Read the article ‘Libraries: Cathedral’s of Our Souls’.
- Find and quote AT LEAST TEN examples of the persuasive techniques the writer has used.
- Now, using your Close Reading formulae, ANALYSE the writer’s use of language for these techniques.
E.g. The use of emotive language in “hospitals of the soul”.
- What the image suggests: Just as a hospital is somewhere where people are cared for and helped…
- What the writer is using it to tell us: … so too do libraries help improve our emotional wellbeing, providing us with somewhere safe, where we can improve our state of mind and understanding of ourselves.