- Symbolism of the door – page 8/18
- The embattled city; London as an extended metaphor for the struggle within Jekyll – The Carew Murder Case page 27/52
- Use of fog as a symbol for mystery and secrecy p27/52-53 – foreshadowing Utterson’s dilemma concerning the letter page 32/61.
- Pathetic fallacy used, foreshadowing the increasing tension to come later in the novel – page 9/19
- Jekyll’s laboratory – page 30/58
- Contrast between Soho and more respectable parts of the city– p 15/29 and p27/53.
HOMEWORK, Due Friday 06/09/2013: Find and copy out each of the above quotes, leaving around half a page blank underneath. We will be analysing these tomorrow.